ACH Operations Analyst
Silver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Banks Values are: Relationships FIRST: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
The ACH Operations Analyst provides processing and operational support to our Third Party Payment Processors (TPPP). Responsible and accountable for the effective servicing of all TPPP relationships. Serves as a main point of contact for client problem resolution. Acts as the operational expert for third party payment processers needs and addresses operational issues to ensure they are resolved in an efficient and timely manner. Respond and resolves issues of the highest complexity by maintaining a strong knowledge of bank products and services. Responds timely to inquiries from client received via telephone, or email in accordance with established procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in designing processes/workflows for TPPP enhanced monitoring.
- Performs ACH oversight for TPPP.
- Research and resolve the highest level escalated issues.
- Respond and performs timely to TPPPs inquiries, including but not limited to ACH and Digital Banking.
- Acts as a liaison between TPPP and internal partners to ensure smooth communication and execution of client needs.
- Conduct independent research for Unauthorized transactions/Fraud/ Special ad hoc requests from client.
- Analyzes complex problems and delivers solutions where a precedent may not exist
- Performs TPPP Daily Funds Availability analysis.
- Performs ACH Transaction Monitoring.
- Participates in the TPPP Monthly calls and analysis review.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of activities and transactions, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 (Five) years in a Payment Processing OR ACH origination environment with experience with documenting /refining operational processes/workflows.
- 3 (Three) years of customer service for financial institution required or a minimum of 2 (two) years of bank operations experience required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed :
- Extensive experience with Core Banking System; FIS Core preferred
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems:
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and/or Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) strongly preferred.
- Banking Software Tracker experience preferred.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding the mechanics of the ACH Processor & Bank Deposit system
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Proficient in Word and Excel (including ability to create analytical spreadsheets, charts, and graphs). Microsoft Access is a plus
- Experience analyzing, researching and resolving high risk transactions
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and initiative with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and customer initiatives with varying timelines and deadlines.