AML / BSA Investigator
Performs investigation activities, including evaluation of alerts, establishing cases, and taking appropriate action when suspicious is detected. Performs routine to moderately complex work assignments and provides problem resolution.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigates various BSA/AML alerts as assigned, escalates to cases when necessary.
- Investigates Questionable Activity Referrals received from branches and line of business. Documents results in a memo. Reports any suspicious activity to BSA Supervisor.
- Reviews individuals and entities accounts reported in a Subpoena utilizing different management systems to determine if money laundering or other suspicious activity noted in the accounts should be reported.
- Conducts enhanced due diligence reviews of high risk customers, and watch list customers as required and reports any suspicious activity to supervisor.
- Monitors compliance with customer identification, customer due diligence, beneficial ownership, and OFAC requirements.
- Assists with reviews for potential OFAC matches through the Banks various OFAC systems.
- Assists in collecting documentation for examiners, auditors, law enforcement and governmental agencies regarding SARs, CTRs, and BSA/AML monitoring records.
- 3 years of related work experience in the financial services industry in areas such as Deposit Operations Assistant or Customer Service Representatives who have exposure to Anti-Money laundering and Bank Secrecy rules and compliance.
- 2-year college degree in a related field or work related experience preferred.