C&I Relationship Manager
At the guidance of the direct supervisor, the Relationship Manager is responsible for the generation of new C&I client relationships and management of an existing C&I client loan and deposit portfolio. The Relationship Manager evaluates the clients needs and aligns those requirements with the appropriate bank products and product partners; performs the initial vetting and structure of loan transactions, including the preparation of term sheets; directs the underwriting of loan transactions, including the analysis of financial statements, with support of a Portfolio Manager (PM) and the banks Credit Department; presentation of credit packages to the appropriate parties for approval; works with the Portfolio Administrator (PA) and/or outside counsel to prepare loan documents and close the loan transactions.
- May independently underwrite and approve transactions, present for approval and service a portfolio of loans.
- Ensures that the banks policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the loan origination process.
- May coordinate PA, PM and Commercial Deposit Officer (CDO) activities as it relates to loan and deposit origination and portfolio management.
- Actively identifies and develops cross-sell opportunities across all bank product lines.
- Participates in networking events, community events and develops / maintains a network of referral contacts and Centers of Influence (COIs) within the market.
- Actively monitors and administers the loan portfolio to gauge credit quality.
- Proactively services and grows the C&I loan and deposit portfolio to provide an acceptable return to the bank while concurrently managing risk by mitigating past dues, overdrafts, loan documentation exceptions, and any other undue credit risk.
- Reviews loan documents, internally and attorney prepared, for accuracy prior to loan closing.
- Independently coordinates the activities of the PA, PM and CDO. Provides leadership, coaching and support to PAs, PMs, and other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Credit analysis and decisioning skills.
- Knowledge of banking products and services.
- The ability to lift up to 20lbs.
- Travel as required.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and adapt to change in the work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to effectively manage others.
- Bachelors degree required with a finance, accounting or business emphasis preferred. Experience may be substituted for degree.
- Formal or in-house credit training preferred and/or three (3) years of related commercial banking experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.