Credit Analyst IV
Underwrite new and existing commercial loans through analysis of borrowers credit history, financial performance, current market trends, collateral, and feasibility. Spreads and analyzes financial statements, real estate spreadsheets, tax returns, A/R & A/P agings and proformas/forecasts for C&I, SBA, B2B loan requests. The Credit Analyst IV will be assigned the largest and most complex deals and assist with smaller deals as required. The number of analyst tasks will be greater and the degree of difficulty will be the highest versus peers in level I through III. Supports Lending Department by providing personal and business credit reports, property values based on third party data and industry analysis as needed. Mentors lower level Analysts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently provide excellent customer services to external and internal customers.
- Prepares detailed narrative and risk analysis of C&I/CRE/SBA loan requests in timely manner.
- Spreads and analyzes financial statements/tax returns, real estate spreadsheets, A/R & A/P.
- Identifies risks/mitigants and makes recommendations to senior management regarding additional credit enhancements to mitigate credit risk.
- Maintains strong working relationships both internally and externally to obtain critical data. Provides guidance to Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers.
- Provides personal and business credit reports, property values, and industry analysis.
- Trains and mentors new and junior analysts as needed.
- Completes due diligence for current and potential bank vendors and investment companies.
- Completes annual review for loans secured by income producing real estate properties.
- Regularly participates in bank vendor training and special projects assigned by manager as needed.
- May attend MLC meetings to provide additional insight as needed to senior management.
- Reviews and approves collateral audit reports (field exams).
- Assists Credit Operations Manager in preparing monthly reports.
- Assists in testing and evaluating new products and vendors.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field required in lieu of 3 additional years of experience in commercial credit, financial statement analysis and formal credit training.
- 7 years commercial credit and financial statement analysis; performing narrative financial summaries or loan analysis; in-house or formal credit training counts towards one year
- 2 years commercial real estate credit experience
- Completion of Formal Credit Training