Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 19 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Banks Values are: Relationships FIRST: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Performs high level accounting support in classifying and processing accounting transactions, maintaining and reconciling assigned accounts and compiling, reviewing and verifying data and information to prepare assigned financial and accounting reports;. Oversees Account Payable cycle through reviews, codings, requests and preparing invoices for payments in a timely manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees lease accounting (ASC 842), including managing leases for leased locations.
- Directs the daily operations of the Accounts Payable function and staff. Manages staff to include performance and time management and contributing to employment decisions.
- Acts as a 2nd level approver for new vendors Accounts Payable processing. Interacts with various departments across the Bank to post transactions. Carries out QC of AP invoices to ensure accuracy. Reviews received invoices, codings, and approvals in preparation for payments. Assists in replying to email/telephone inquiries from other employees/vendors.
- Performs general accounting duties including investments, other real estate owned and interface tables reporting activities.
- Oversees Federal weekly reporting.
- Supports, reviews, reconciles, and maintains the Fixed Assets, ensuring that all entries are made on a timely basis.
- Prepares and posts general ledger journal entries, including accruals. Analyzes monthly G/L variances.
- Reconciles and resolves discrepancies for the majority of the Bancorp's, Bank's and subsidiaries' G/L accounts. Maintains the books & records; assists in the administration of all inter-company affiliates.
- Conducts research and resolves accounting-related issues at the direction of the Assistant Controller.
- Assists with SOX and Internal Audit document requests.
- Updates Standard Operating Procedures and policies.
- Performs administrative duties as needed, such as sorting mail and inventory office supplies.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 6 or more years of experience working with general ledger, reconciliation, month-end closing, accounts payable, and general accounting processes.
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience
- Banking experience preferred
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed
- CPA and/or MS in Accounting
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed understanding of accounts payable and how to code transactions and convert to journal entry
- Ability to reconcile accounts and provide training as required
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word