Senior Business Analyst
Silver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Banks Values are: Relationships FIRST: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Oversees Digital Channel upgrades/enhancements, process improvements, reports generation, issue resolution, vendor relations for various customer impacting systems, department procedures and guidelines. Works closely with Digital Channel Department Managers to provide workflows and processes to develop automation and/or process improvements. Collaborates with other departments on the development of new processes as well as on researching and resolving internal issues caused by system failures, staff errors or related gaps. Assists with developing and facilitating system-specific department training.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This job is considered essential - meaning that employees in this role are required to work during normal business hours even when their normal worksite is unavailable for weather or other types of emergency. Performs all duties as outlined in the companys Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan, which addresses emergency response, crisis/incident response, disaster recovery, and the recovery and resumption of critical business functions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements key initiatives as Implementation Lead, partnering with business and technology representatives to gather business requirements, prepare design specifications, test and deploy new or modified functions in the environment and identify opportunities for process improvement. Manage the verification process through creation of test scripts; perform, document and report test results.
- Supports diagnosing system/program failures
- Provides technical support in analyzing system malfunctions, recommend corrective action, and facilitate changes if necessary
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert in Digital Channel Applications and related systems.
- Evaluates upcoming software releases, systems upgrades/enhancements to measure the impact to our wire processes; identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement as well maximize key system capabilities.
- Raises any control or compliance issues to leadership team and manages projects to remediate.
- Resolves escalated/complex issues
- Assist in development of department operating procedures to identify gaps, achieve maximum efficiency and reduce costs
- Develops and facilitates department training.
- Lead selected department projects; represent the department on initiatives requiring Digital Channel participation. Acts as liaison between various divisions and the Project Management office throughout the project cycle; participates on various project committees that affect the department and Bank. Maintains project documentation, as needed to ensure usefulness for managing progress and for archival requirements.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; presents to executive leadership, team leadership and other internal groups
- 7 years experience in banking operations process improvement, consulting, strategic business process modeling and quality management techniques
- Associates degree in Business, Finance, MIS preferred
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed:
- Core Banking system experience; FIS Global products preferred
- Extensive Wire System experience; preferred
- Fraud tracking software experience; preferred
- Digital Banking software experience; preferred
- SWIFT experience preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Digital Channel systems
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of general banking operations.
- Specific knowledge and experience with Wire Transfer platforms. FIS and Finastra knowledge preferred
- Knowledge and proficiency in core banking system experience; FIS/ Integrated Banking System (IBS) strongly preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office; proficient in Word and Excel.
- Advanced computer, smartphones, tablets, and operating systems, software and other technologies knowledge.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Experience creating test plans and conducting user acceptance testing
- Understanding of project management Project Life Cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with external clients, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Works across multiple simultaneous projects, able to respond to quickly changing events and priorities.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Occasional travel, as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others while doing so.
- Ability to listen to business users and convey ideas effectively
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information management, or finance, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience in software application implementations/upgrades and/or in database reporting.
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, business requirement gathering and developing reports or spreadsheets.
- Analytical experience with business intelligence tools preferred.
- Experience with database structure and management, or with project management is desirable.
- Experience working within the financial industry is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.